• Establish a sleep cycle for your body to become accustomed to by going to bed and waking up at the same time every day. Avoid napping during the day.
• Although many men watch TV or work on the laptop while in bed, try to keep the bed for sleeping, sex and nothing else.
• If you take prescription medication or nutritional supplements that contain energy-boosting ingredients, take them in the morning so they won't keep you up at night.
• Keep the area you sleep in dark, comfortable and quiet, and don't let pets sleep on the bed.
• If you are unable to fall asleep, remain in bed and try a relaxation exercise like repeating a soothing word over and over again.
• If you still don't feel tired after 15 minutes, leave the bed and sit in a chair. Keep the lights off and don't distract your brain with television or a book; it might be harder to get it back into the right frame of mind.
• Avoid caffeinated beverages after 5:00 PM and don't eat large meals 2-3 hours before you go to sleep.
• Relax your face by laying a warm eye mask or towel across your eyes to create a tranquil mood. Gently rub an application of Eye Rescue Formula into the eye area to promote a more refreshed appearance the next morning.
• Keep your diet healthy and exercise regularly, but try not to exercise 2 hours before you plan on going to bed.
• Talk to a doctor if you are suffering from serious sleep-related problems like chronic sleeplessness or insomnia, restless leg syndrome and severe snoring.
Copyright © MenScience Androceuticals 2007.
|ABSTRACT: Can Sleep Affect Your Health? Quality Sleep Can Provide a Healty Body and Lifestyle.
|Related Articles: How To: Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes, Racoon Eyes
|Request an Article
Have a topic you'd like to see turned into an article? Submit an article request now!
Bookmark this page to:
How Can Sleep Affect Mens Health
How Sleep Quality Can Affect Men’s Health Printable Version