• Start taking a pharmaceutical-grade omega-3 nutritional supplement. Continuing research reveals it’s good for reducing the risk of heart disease, improving cholesterol levels, and promoting healthy joints, muscles and mental processes in men.*
• Begin eating smarter. By consuming more fruits and vegetables every day, and cutting out the saturated fats and sugar of junk food, you can improve your diet significantly.
• Shave off pounds with regular exercise and by taking a daily supplement that contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA). Not only does it help lower body fat by increasing metabolism and the transformation of fat into energy, it also provides antioxidant protection against free radicals.*
• Protect your skin from the sun. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, more than 1 million cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. this year alone. Avoid this danger by regularly applying a waterproof sunblock that contains an SPF of 30 or higher and has broad-spectrum UV protection when out in sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Check out our article Sun Care for more tips.
• Stop using bar soap! Bar soap contains waxy binders and harsh ingredients which can dehydrate skin. This can lead to shaving irritations and provoke breakouts. Try using gentle liquid cleansers to wash your face and body instead.
• Begin exfoliating your skin on a regular basis (2-3 times a week). Exfoliating gently removes dead cells and grime on the skin’s surface, revealing newer, healthier-looking cells beneath. It’s an easy way to improve your appearance in a snap.
• Look younger by using an anti-aging product to protect skin now. Even if you think wrinkles are years down the road, studies have shown that the earlier men begin using an anti-aging product, the healthier their skin will be for a longer period of time.
• Increase your physical activity to 3-4 sessions a week of 30 minutes of exercise to lose weight. Although the recommended daily calorie intake for an average-sized man is 2,000, most men go way beyond that. Keep your intake under control and increase your exercise for optimal results.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Copyright © MenScience Androceuticals 2008.
|ABSTRACT: Men's Skin Care: 2008, In Review. Now that a full calendar year has gone by, it's time to look at some key steps about how you can rediscover a new you and improve your skin care and healthy appearance.
|Request an Article
Have a topic you'd like to see turned into an article? Submit an article request now!
Bookmark this page to:
Discover New Mens Skin Care Tips
A New You: Improve your skin care and healthy appearance Printable Version