Because there is so much hype and misinformation based in this field, it’s imperative to keep informed about what to be wary of when dealing with these types of products:
• Be on the lookout for products that promise to “reverse” the aging process. As of this date, there are no treatments or products that can literally turn back the hands of time. The therapies that produce the most visible results work by improving skin conditions for a healthier appearance and protecting against further damage caused by aging; not by actually reversing your body’s aging process.
• Antioxidants are effective in combating the signs of aging, but check with your doctor if you decide to take them in supplement form. Taking the incorrect amount can cause serious health problems. You may be able to receive the proper amount of antioxidants from food in your diet and topical solutions.
• Growth hormone therapy has been touted as the new way to reclaim youth, but it is still in the early testing phase and its effectiveness has not been proven yet. Injecting “natural” growth hormones can carry serious health risks and side effects, including liver damage. Just because it’s a hormone doesn’t mean it’s completely safe for your body.
• Restricting calories from your diet has technically not been proven to increase your lifespan, but it can help you manage your body weight, reduce the amount of unhealthy foods you eat and promote a healthier lifestyle.
• Finally, it is important to thoroughly understand what benefits a product or treatment can actually provide for you. A dermatologist can help by advising you on what the best course of action is for your specific skin type.
With these critical guidelines in mind, you will be able to ferret out which men’s skincare products can benefit your appearance, and which are nothing but empty promises.
All is not so bleak, though: While no substance has yet been discovered to actually reverse the aging process, several ingredients have been tested by doctors and scientists and found to help protect against the effects of aging. Some of these worthwhile substances are antioxidants, the body’s natural defenders against the damaging effects of free radicals. Antioxidants nurture cells while repairing further skin damage associated with aging. Working off of the healing and revitalizing properties of antioxidants, a new generation of substances has been discovered and proven by doctors to provide visible results in the skin’s structure. These powerful substances include Idebenone, CoQ10, GABA and Peptides. Each of these ingredients contains highly-effective components and nourishing elements that promote healthier skin and a tighter, firmer, more youthful appearance.
The process of aging is a natural human function and no one can avoid growing older. But by taking certain precautions and maintaining healthy habits, you can achieve a vital lifestyle long into the golden years. Instead of banking on the next anti-aging fad to light up the market, stop and think about what it promises…and what it can actually do. Keep a good mindset about growing older. Everyone goes through it, and it’s important not to overlook the many benefits that also come with this stage of life.
Copyright © MenScience Androceuticals 2007.
|ABSTRACT: Anti Aging Skin Care Product Comparison Guide.|
|Request an Article
Have a topic you'd like to see turned into an article? Submit an article request now!
Bookmark this page to:
A Critical Look at Anti-Aging Products - Anti Aging Skin Care
Debunking the Modern-Day Cure-All Printable Version